Set up a Teens and Toddlers project in your school!
Are you a secondary school looking for a programme that can help improve attendance, attainment and behaviour?
Or a primary school looking for a programme that will improve confidence, communication, literacy and numeracy skills?
If you answered yes, get in touch as we are currently recruiting schools to join our programme.
We were founded in 2001 to address the social exclusion of young people. We now run a range of programmes focused on inspiring young people to achieve the skills, qualifications and self-belief they need to succeed in school, work and life.
Our Flagship Teens and Toddlers Programme
- An innovative 18-week toddler mentoring programme that gives young people vital interpersonal skills to address underlying issues that can lead to becoming disengaged – such as low self-esteem, low educational attainment and lack of positive role models (critical to prevent young people from becoming NEET - Not in Education, Employment or Training - and having children at an early age)
- Targets two sets of vulnerable children simultaneously, raising the aspirations of young people (age 13-17) by pairing them as a mentor and role model to a child in a nursery (age 2-5) who is in need of extra support
- Teaches young people interpersonal skills and builds their sense of responsibility so they make positive decisions about their education, their health and their future
- The mentoring provided by the teens also helps the toddlers to improve their personal, social and communication skills
- Participants can earn an accredited NCFE (QCF) Level 1 qualification in
Interpersonal Skills, which helps them to re-engage with school and go on to further education.