What's unique about Teens and Toddlers?
As a potential orientated approach we perceive each young person in their totality as a highly unique individual, with many latent gifts, qualities and potentialities. We provide young people with new and positive experiences of themselves which build self esteem and aspiration.
Teens and Toddlers encourages educational attainment through building awareness of life goals and the actions needed to make those goals real.
We work to enable young people to develop the awareness and life skills to take responsibility for their lives, rather than control their behaviour, so that they are empowered to make choices that are constructive and to their own benefit.
- Teens and Toddlers is a consciousness changing approach rather than a behaviour modification one.
- Our programmes(s) promote an exploration of values, which supports young people finding their own values, potential and place in the world.
- We recognise the need of young people for meaning and purpose in their lives.
- We aim to develop emotional intelligence, particularly in the areas of self awareness and self management.
- Our programmes build a sense of community and a respect for difference.
Click below to read an article by our CEO, Diana Whitmore, on how our approach transforms young people's lives: