We were founded in 2001 to address the social exclusion of young people. We now run a range of programmes focused on inspiring young people to achieve the skills, qualifications and self-belief they need to succeed in school, work and life.
Our Flagship Teens and Toddlers Programme
- An innovative 18-week toddler mentoring programme that gives young people vital interpersonal skills to address underlying issues that can lead to becoming disengaged – such as low self-esteem, low educational attainment and lack of positive role models (critical to prevent young people from becoming NEET - Not in Education, Employment or Training - and having children at an early age)
- Targets two sets of vulnerable children simultaneously, raising the aspirations of young people (age 13-17) by pairing them as a mentor and role model to a child in a nursery (age 2-5) who is in need of extra support
- Teaches young people interpersonal skills and builds their sense of responsibility so they make positive decisions about their education, their health and their future
- The mentoring provided by the teens also helps the toddlers to improve their personal, social and communication skills
- Participants can earn an accredited NCFE (QCF) Level 1 qualification in Interpersonal Skills, which helps them to re-engage with school and go on to further education.