We have already made a huge difference to thousands of children and young people, thanks to the support of our wonderful partners and individuals! Your help is vital to raise over £1 million every year. Fundraise for us, and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a lasting impact on the lives of some of the most disadvantaged children and young people in your community.
There are many fun and exciting ways you could raise money for young people, from organising your own raffle or quiz, to getting fit through running, cycling, walking or trekking events (see below). We will provide you with all of the assistance and information you need to make your fundraising as successful as possible.
Here are a few fundraising ideas to get you started:
We have 2 spaces in the Virgin London Marathon 2014. Click on the sign up sheet for more information and to be considered for a space.
- For information on the Bupa Great Run Series please click here
- For information on cycling events please click here
- To view our Just Giving page click here
- For information on Just Text Giving click here
- For fundraising event ideas please click here
- 5km or 10km Superhero Fun Run click here
- For a comprehensive insight into fundraising events please click here
- Getting married? Suggest your guests donate to us instead of buying you a gift.
Transformative Mentoring Programme – Recruiting for October 2013
Want to make a difference? Then this programme is for you! As a Teens and Toddlers mentor you can support a vulnerable young person - who is a graduate of our programme and already taking positive steps forward for their future - and help them to achieve their potential.
Based on our young people's needs, the programme offers professionals in the business world the opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship with a Teens and Toddlers graduate, helping to support their academic studies and personal development.
- receive world class training developing new skills in positive psychology – a transformative way of relating to others that elicits their potential, evokes the best from them and raises performance – transferable skills that can be applied to both their personal (with family and friends) and professional lives
- learn new skills of conflict resolution, negotiation and decision making
- develop the emotional intelligence of how to understand and work with difficult people in difficult circumstances through understanding and reflecting on your impact on others in interpersonal relationships – highly desirable and motivational assets for leadership
- have the opportunity to come into in depth contact young people and have a whole new world opened up for you – leading to a game changing understanding of the world we live in
- be engaged with transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and help them to actualise their potential and aspiration
- experience the fulfilment and meaning of making a difference to the life of a vulnerable young person.
Teens and Toddlers mentors can help programme graduates in a number of ways including: Increasing their educational attainment; helping with their studies; assisting with CV writing and interviewing skills; improving emotional literacy and personal development; providing business skills development for the work place.
What our mentors say:
"The Teens and Toddlers Mentoring Programme has given me a greater awareness of myself as well as the skills necessary to bring long term value to others on a personal and business level. I mentor a young woman who has completed the Teens and Toddlers programme and nurture her dreams of being a world class physician. My role is to support her passion and purpose as she uncovers the influences – both positive and negative - that impact her dream. Every meeting holds me to account as I use my experience, life skills and commercial expertise to support and affirm her positive life intention.
I use the same skills in addressing my own challenges – a type of self-mentoring – which enable me to constructively and carefully consider the preferred outcomes and how I might accomplish them prudently. As I work with highly charged organisations which often have team complexities, I find I am increasingly using enhanced listening and dialoguing to communicate what might have been difficult conversations in an empathetic and unambiguous manner. This increased self-reflection allows me to obtain better outcomes and generally the impact I require – a win-win for most relationships."
Susan Dark – Chairman of Trustee Board
Payroll Giving is a simple, tax effective method of donating to Teens and Toddlers through your salary. Payroll Giving donations are easy to set up and flexible, so you can change the amount you donate at any time.
How does Payroll Giving work?
Set up a Payroll Giving donation and the amount you pledge is taken from your salary before tax is deducted. So, for every £1 you donate, 80p (60p for a higher rate tax payer) is the actual cost to you, the Inland Revenue pays the rest.
What your donation can do
Giving as little as an hour of your salary a month will provide Teens and Toddlers with regular income. This will help us plan our work in the long-term and deliver our programmes to greater numbers of children and young people. Most importantly, it will help us make a major impact on changing more young people's lives.
Set up a payroll gift now
We have joined an exciting new payroll giving initiative – Big Change. Big Change is an online tool that allows you to set up a regular donation in just a few clicks. If you would like to give tax-free through your pay to help change more young people’s lives please click here